If you’re working to improve your search engine optimization (SEO) performance, you’re probably focused on targeting the right keywords and ensuring your website is quick to load and easy to navigate. But did you know you can improve your SEO with guest posts?
Guest posting is a popular and effective way to improve your search engine rankings, make connections within your industry, and bring more organic web traffic to your site. But what exactly is guest posting, and why is it so important?
What is guest posting?
Guest posting (sometimes called guest blogging) is a great way to build your reputation and increase your company’s reach. As HubSpot defines it, “Guest blogging is a content marketing tactic that involves writing one or more articles for other websites.”
Essentially, you can partner with other big names in your industry and write blog posts to be featured on their website, including your byline and information about your company in some cases. In terms of compensation, it can be a financial arrangement, or in other cases, you could be rewarded with a backlink to your website or a shout-out on social media.
What are the benefits of guest posting?
Why would writing for someone else’s website be worth your time and energy? There are actually several benefits.
One of the most important benefits is that you’ll be building authoritative backlinks every time you have a guest post get published. When other websites link back to yours, not only do you get a chance of increasing your organic traffic, but Google (and other search engines) will also take this as an indication that your site has valuable and reliable information to offer. So, search engines are more likely to recommend your content to their users.
As a natural consequence, guest posting can boost your SEO performance. SEO is based on how much organic traffic is coming to your website. When someone reads a guest post that you wrote and they resonate with it, they’re likely to click on your backlinks and look into your company, boosting your organic traffic.
Another benefit is the exposure your company will receive. By being featured on a notable website within your industry, you can open your business up to a whole new audience that you may have previously missed. You can prove yourself as a knowledgeable authority in your industry and could attract new loyal customers at the same time.
Guest posting is also ideal for building relationships in the industry. Working with others in your field not only expands your reach, but it puts you on the radar of other industry authorities. You might be able to create a lasting relationship with regular guest posting opportunities, which could lead to more extensive partnerships in the future.
Of course, the final benefit is the biggest: more leads! While it’s never guaranteed that a guest post will lead directly to a lead, there’s certainly a chance. If a reader has never heard of your company before, simply reading your guest post could be enough to get them interested. Then, you can target them with your other digital marketing strategies to guide them through your funnel.
Now that you know some of the benefits of guest posting, you need to know how to actually do it! It can be time-consuming to try to find websites that accept free guest posts in your industry, but luckily, we’ve done the research for you.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of 70 free guest posting sites to get you started. The list is separated into three categories: content marketing, blogging, and social media marketing. Be sure to check each website’s unique posting guidelines and specifications before submitting. Best of luck!
- WriterArmy | Write for us
- TechWyse | Write for us
- Content Marketing Institute | Guidelines
- Serpstat Blog | Submit?
- SEOBlog | Contribute
- Mainstreethost.com | Contribute
- Outreach Monks | Outreach Monks
- Get Response | GetResponse
- Benchmark | Benchmark
- Pole Position Marketing | Pole Position Marketing
- Biz Glide | Bizglide
- Tricky Enough | Tricky Enough
- WhrMarketing | WhrMarketing
- SEMupdates | SEMupdates
- SEO Sandwitch | Submit
- The SEM Post | The SEM Post
- 4 SEO Help | 4seohelp
- Taggbox | taggbox
- The Guide X | theguidex
- Stay Me Online | staymeonline
- Blogger Self | bloggerself
- John Chow | Write Guest Post
- Bloggers Passion | Submit Post
- The Blog Herald | Post Submission
- WebScoot Blog | Write for us
- MakeWebBetter | Write for us
- Sociableblog.com | Submit News
- Hubspot | Hubspot
- The Sits Girls | Thesitsgirls
- Inc 42 | Inc 42
- The Blog Herald | The Blog Herald
- Making Different | Making Different
- Hellbound Bloggers | Hellbound Bloggers
- Blogging Try | BloggingTry
- Blogging Scan | BloggingScan
- Magnet4blogging | Magent4Blogging
- My WP Tips | My WP Tips
- TechJeny | TechJeny
- Opportunities Planet | Opportunities Planet
- Blogginfotech | Blogginfotech
- WPressBlog | wpressblog
- Daily Blog Tips | dailyblogtips
Social Media Marketing
- CoSchedule Blog | Write for us
- Socialnomics | Contact
- The Mention Blog | Guest Blogging
- Social Media Explorer | Work for us
- Agorapulse | Work for us
- Social Media Strategies Summit | Write for us
- Social Media Revolver | Write for us
- Marketing Profs | Marketing Profs
- Jeff bullas | Jeff bullas
- Hongkiat | Write for us
- Fatbit | Write for us
- Smash Digital | Submit
- Social Planner | Submit
- Social Pilot | Submit
- RecurPost | Submit
- Trekksoft | Submit
- Blogging Metrics | BloggingMetrics
- BlogBrandz | BlogBrandz
- Wpxtechs | wpxtechs
- Seomator | Write for us
- Blogs Crew | Blogs Crew
- iTech Code | iTech Code
- Wpauthorbox |wpauthorbox
- Seo In Delhi |seoindelhi
- Edtech | edtech
- My Venture Pad |myventurepad
- Tech Dee | techdee
- Ampfluence | ampfluence
- The Crowd Fire | crowdfireapp
- Blogger’s Path | bloggerspath
- Promo | promo