10 B2B Marketing Statistics to Take the Lead in 2023
When we talk about B2B marketing we refer to any marketing practices targeting businesses or organizations. Companies providing Sofware as a Service (SaaS) or Human Resources (HR) services to other organizations are great examples of industries that usually require B2B marketing.
By staying up to date with the latest B2B marketing statistics you get one step closer to ensuring you’re running your B2B campaigns in the most effective way. How many times have you come up with an idea only to realize it’s not as effective or up-to-date as you thought after some research? We’ve all been there, and there’s no better way to confirm that being informed makes a huge difference in your marketing efforts.
To help you stay sharp, we’ve gathered the top 10 B2B marketing statistics you should keep in mind whether you’re just starting to structure your content strategy or simply trying to update it.
Top 10 B2B Marketing Statistics
1. 93% of B2B Marketers Rely on Email Marketing
According to Hubspot, 93% of B2B marketers use email marketing, making it one of the most powerful channels to use for your campaigns. Just take a look at the chart below to see how marketing revenue is affected by email marketing worldwide. Doing it correctly (by creating personalized experiences and writing enticing subject lines, for example) can result in amazing results for your business.
2. More than 80% of B2B Buyers Visit a Website Before Making a Purchase
Yes, the B2B world is no exception. Businesses want to take a very close look at your website before even trying to contact you, which means that, if you thought you could get away with an inactive, generic, or not-optimized website, it’s time to think again. Websites work like digital business cards capable of producing conversions, and users highly appreciate qualities such as clear copy, engaging landing pages, and up-to-date key information about your product or service and its benefits.
3. Short Articles Provide Some of The Best Results
According to the Content Marketing Institute, blogs that are less than 3,000 words are the third content asset generating the best results for B2B businesses. With decision-makers regularly consuming a number of articles prior to making any decision, blogs are still one of the most effective ways companies can increase their website traffic, drive conversions, and improve their authority positioning, to mention a few of their many benefits.
4. Influencer B2B Marketing Campaigns Are More Popular Than Ever
Over 71% of marketers say that they plan on investing more money in their influencer marketing campaigns. This is no surprise at all, considering the amount of exposure businesses can get with influencers or thought leaders. If you’re a SaaS company, collaborating with a renowned tech content creator may be a strategy worth looking into, for example.
5. Many B2B Businesses Don’t Feel Like Their Marketing Efforts Are Very Successful
According to Marketing Profs, only 29% of businesses feel like their content marketing is very successful. That means that over 70% of businesses are still struggling with mastering their content marketing strategy. While this may sound like a jarring statistic, it can actually be a great opportunity to take the lead, if your company focuses on researching, implementing, and tracking verified marketing strategies.
6. Marketing Departments Are Often a One Man Show
46% of b2b businesses say that only one person takes on the responsibility for all their content needs. For this reason, most businesses hope to have a higher budget to hire additional staff for marketing.
7. Better Technology Is Needed
Only 28% of B2B businesses claim to have the necessary technology to sustainably satisfy their content marketing needs. That means that most businesses still don’t have the right tools and resources or are unsure about how to make the most of the technology available to them.
8. Most B2B Businesses Don’t Know How to Create Content For The Buyer’s Journey
Almost 60% of B2B businesses say that it is challenging to understand the buyer’s journey and create content that is appealing for its different stages. This is an essential component of any marketing strategy and a lack of education around it means a lot of struggle for any business.
9. Marketers Find Their Career Rewarding
85% of marketers appreciate the job that they do and feel like they are on the right career path. This is a very positive statistic for employers and business owners, considering the undeniable correlation between employee satisfaction and productivity.
10. Most Marketers Want to Move Up the Ladder
While most marketers are happy with their career choice, only 43% of them intend to stay in their current job, meaning that the other 57% intends to look for a new job, providing their marketing knowledge for a different company and a higher salary.